Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font usage for dot matrix printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2001
US
I am designing a report that prints to a serial dot matrix printer (Genicom 3840E.) I would like to use a printer resident font, but it is not available in BIDS. Other MS applications such as word can choose the font.

In Crystal, I would simply set this printer as my default and its fonts would be available. How can I do this in SRS?

If you want to change font for the report layout you can go to the design tab and change the font as per the printer.

Please let me know if i understood your question in wrong way.

Thanks

Yes, I know I can change the font, but I was trying to see if I can design in the printer resident font which in this case would be Gothic or Courier 10 cpi. This was trivial in Crystal but I am understanding that SSRS must use a true type font that is installed in windows.

I guess my question now becomes does anyone have experience designing for any impact printer and can offer some advise.

I am going to try to use Courier New and experiment with the point size to come close to 10 cpi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back