Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougSilver

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
US
I have been using Sidekick going all the way back to the 1.0 Windows version. One thing I have never figured out how to do is to selectively change font for text in the Card Log. The Card Log is really the main feature I use for keeping notes over the years about my clients and contacts. On occasion, I would like to make some text stand out (either by changing font, highlighting, etc.) but I have never found a way of changing only portions of text rather than changing the entire text.

Has anyone else wished for this and/or found a workaround?

Thanks,

Doug

Dear Doug,

We all wished for lots of things like this but no go.

If you wish you could create/use one of the fields (Called Path or whatever) to store a path (without spaces) like C:\Fred2.doc or a URL or Webpage.html and then you can double click on that field and then Ctrl+C copy and then Winkey+R and paste it into the Run box and press Enter and it will open.
That way you can create Word documents or Excel spreadsheets Access Databases that have whatever you like in them and in the event you move to Outlook or whatever other program you can move the docs too and they would still be accessible the same way or easier.
Using the URL of a webpage will allow you to just doubleclick the field and it will open in your default browser.

HTH

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

That's a shame. Again this is just another thing that begs for some enterprising individual/company to somehow get hold of the existing code for this fine program and do the necessary tweaks to bring it into the 2000's. There is probably enough of a dedicated user-base willing to pay a few bucks to buy an updated version of Sidekick.

Doug

Doug,

I presume that you've read this and the 133 replies to it:
thread807-1089796

Not being smart, but if you read that thread you will get an idea of the problems we face trying to 'update' Sidekick.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back