Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FONT PRINTING PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLINGAN

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2006
SE
Hi! I have an unusual problem.

On some printers (or on their drivers) it’s possible to open a text file in notepad, print it after you changed a SCALE property under Printer Preferences/Advanced + ? scroll down to Graphic and there: SCALE.

Default is of course 100%. I change it to 130%. On some printers and copiers this means an enlarged text where some words at the right marginal disappear. That’s logical and understandable.

However, on other printers, for example HP 4100 and HP 4250dtn the result is different: if a sentence becomes to long, it continues nicely on the next row. That’s a nice feature!

One of my colleagues has recently become visually impaired and need(among many things) to be able to print here mails in GROUPWISE 7.0 in a larger font. Without “Cut and Paste”-procedures I might add.

From my computer, with Windows XP, GROUPWISE 7.0 I can change the scale setting to 130% and the nicely – with no future configuration, print my mails in a bigger font(equals 130%).

Other computers using w2000 do the same. Same language.

But my colleagues computers fail to performe this feature. Everything from GROUPWISE comes out small (font 7?) what ever I do!

Is there anything in the GROUPWISE register files I can change to make it work? Or anything else?

Why isn’t working when I try to remove Register key: “Use OIT Internal Rendering”

Any ideas, please!
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back