Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font option in Word 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

dor35

Technical User
Nov 27, 2003
GB
I've just realised that the font option has disappeared from my format drop-down menu.

I can still change colour on the button, or change font and point size, but I can't get the font option to change to subscript etc.

Any ideas?

You can add/remove menu items and toolbar icons using Tools_Customize
In the 'Commands' Tab, click on 'Format' at the left side and drag 'Font' from the right side onto the menu bar Format, where it used to be.

Eman_2005
Technical Communicator

Gerry: yes, the option has gone from the menu. When I click the format option, the dro;p down menu starts with paragraph, borders & shading etc, but no font.

Using customise, as far as I can tell, only lets you add buttons to the menu bars, not the basic font option on the drop down menu. Moving 'font' as described just gives the drop-down list of fonts, as you normally get on the formatting toolbar. What I have lost is the font option on the format menu that brings up a box that lets you pick superscript etc.

Scroll through the right side (Tools_Customize_Commands) until you find [A Font], then drag it and drop it in the Format menu where it's missing.

Eman_2005
Technical Communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back