Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

font not available 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JodieK

Instructor
Jul 27, 2001
GB
Hi

I've done a newsletter in a font called Bembo, however my printer doesn't have this. Is there anyway they can get it without having to buy the whole thing again?

Cheers

Jodie

Jodie,

There is a great little freeware utility called Bersoft Copy Fonts, available on downloads.com or tucows. It will allow you to copy the font to a disk for your printer. However, your best bet is to convert your newsletter to PDF with all fonts embedded. Any competent printer would much prefer a PDF file, which is cross platform.

To make a PDF, I never use the PM "covert to PDF" feature which can bugger up the works. Instead, print to file, using your postscript driver. Then open up Adobe Distiller and make sure your options are set for print optimized or pre-press, and not screen optimized (which is used to make a PDF for the web).

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back