Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font Not Appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalek10

Technical User
Jan 9, 2002
CA
I cannot access a specific typeface in COREL DRAW 10 and was wondering what the problem might be?

It is the SWISS font family, when I go to select SWISS, I
only have a choice of 1) SWISS 721 WIN95BT and 2) SWISS
911 XCmBT.

I have installed all the other SWISS typefaces which I had
in COREL 5 / WIN 95, yet they do not appear in any program I am using IN COREL 10 / WINME OS? They installed okay, and are sitting in the fonts folder, but I cannot access them?

Only the two "swiss" fonts mentioned above are appearing in my type menus?

I'd appreciate it if anybody has any idea as to what the
problem might be and how to correct it! P.S. Any other
fonts which I have added/installed are okay?

Hi,

You might check your font lists - both TT and T1 and see if you have duplicates of those particular fonts - meaning you have SWISS 911 XCmBT as a TTF and also SWISS 911 XCmBT as a Type 1. I had this issue with duplicate fonts when I upgraded from Corel 9 to 10. I had success with simply deleting the Type 1 versions of the duplicate fonts and suddenly the TTF "appeared". I will warn you that I had this experience on Win 2000 - I thought it was an OS conflict with 2000 and 10 only, but I could be wrong.

Good Luck!

K

You mention that you are using ME. Win 95, 98 & ME have a font limitation. The limit is about 500. Open the fonts folder (Start / Settings / Control Panels and click on the fonts folder)

If you have more than 500, this could be the cause. Remove a number of them to a different folder to bring the number under 500. DO NOT remove any fonts that have a red icon, these are required by windows.

Now locate a file calle ttfcache. It will be in the windows folder. Delete this file and restart windows. That should solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back