Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font List Incomplete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aislinnx

Technical User
Mar 20, 2007
IE
Hi, im trying to embed fonts into a movie, but the fonts listed which director will allow me to embed is TINY compared to the 100s of fonts i have installed on my system? Im using mx 2004 on a mac...

To overcome this i had to install the font i wanted to use on a pc and embed it from there... can anyone help as to how to acces the full list of fonts from my computer? Im stumped!

If you open Photoshop and Flash and compare the fonts available for each app you'll notice they are very different. Macromedia always had funny way of handling fonts and Director is no exception. Try converting your font to other format to see if Director recognizes it.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Yea, iv noticed that with other apps, but when theres only about 30 fonts available out of 300 or 400 i get the impression i have something set up wrong?

I was told the fonts needed to be stored in the main system fonts folder and not under user fonts, but even at that, i cant access most of the fonts in the main folder...

Plus the same font worked on the PC version of Director??

If anyone has any thoughts on this i'd really appreciate it, it's driving me crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back