Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Font issues after Windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheatong

Technical User
May 16, 2018
US
Good morning. So night before last i scheduled the latests "critical update" for Windows 10... i shut everything down and let the update process. Logged in yesterday morning, opened all my programs and now when i work in Illustrator (CS6 - which is my main program) the font dropdown doesnt show. all others are fine... font size, leading, kearning... those dropdowns work. Font dropdown works in photoshop and indesign... just not illustrator. i can only change fonts using the up and down arrow keys. as a logo designer, i change fonts constantly so this is a critical problem for me.
I've rebooted numerous times, unplugged, tried to do a system restore but it wont take for some reason... says i will need to do an Advanced Recovery Method - whatever that is.
Any suggestions on how I might fix this issue? I'm stumped.
Thanks!

Determine if this is isolated to your user account (ie. preferences) or if it is a problem with the system and programs. Create a new user and see if Illustrator works under that account.

Thanks spamjim... i'll give that a shot later today and report the results.

well, unfortunately it seems to be a problem with the system/programs. set up a new user, opened illustrator and it has the same problem. every other dropdown works... just not the font family. even the font weight and style menu operates correctly... any suggestions on next steps?

Heres an update to my situation in case anyone runs into something similar. i was able to get with a technician at Microsoft and we determined it had something to do with the latest update, which was a whole new version of Windows 10. she helped me revert back to the prior version and viola! problem eliminated. again, i'm running Creative Suite CS6 but this issue only effected Illustrator. so problem solved... back to logo design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back