Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FollowHyperlink Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakleaf8

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2002
US
Just updated to Access2013 from Access2010. The FollowHyperlink function doesn't seem to work anymore. No error messages... code just freezes and I have to use Task Manager to get out. I couldn't fix it so dropped back to an API call with PtrSafe (which works).

Was wondering if a cause or fix was found? Note: 1DMF asked the same question on 9/29/11, but with no fix that works.

Thank you!

Well I have this code...
Code:
'set path / file
LNK = cMemDrive & "DOCS\" & CName & AName & "\Reports\" & Me.RepID
If Len(Trim(Dir(LNK, vbDirectory))) > 0 Then
    [b]'Call Shell("CMD /C """ & LNK & """", 0)[/b]
    FollowHyperlink LNK
End If

This is working fine, it could be that a patch to office fixed this. you will notice the commented out 'shell' command, where when I had the problem I was using the shell command to open the doc, but no need for that anymore.

Perhaps you could check your path and ensure it is correct and if FollowHyperlink definitely isn't working, check Access is fully patched and last resort try the shell method instead.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back