Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Follow-up Question to preventing duplicate entries in a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryblu

Technical User
Aug 7, 2001
US
Thanks to Neufarth (MIS) for your helpful hint to Select Predicates in Access Help. But how would I write the instructions if I want all the entries along with just 1 of each duplicate entry? When I used the Sub query Select Distinct it gives me the duplicates only, not the rest of the entries. A little back ground on what I am trying to accomplish: I am reporting on productivity as a measure for Management to track an employees progress. One of the things employees do is make corrections or fix problems which is documented in a case. Each case when closed (which means the problem is fixed) has a weighting or point system assigned to it which this employee then has earned. Each time this case is touched (which means it is opened up and closed again) it is logged into the system which it resides. One good thing is that it will aways have the same case ID number assigned to it which is unique, the bad thing is that a person can open & close it several times which means the points they receive are multiplied. I want to retrieve information usually monthly for each employee on the number of cases and their weightings they have closed that is an accurate account of the work they have done. I don't want any cases counted more than once. Maybe I'm just not getting it, but how would I write the instructions to query this and get the results I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back