Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Follow-Up: Monthly Schedule Possibly Changed to 1st Sat. - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbloemker

Technical User
Dec 28, 2004
US
I'm trying to get my management now to change monthly and annual duplication/vaulting jobs to the first Saturday of the month (I know Bob is doing this on the last weekend of the month.)

Is there a way I can write a schedule without using calendar that does the following (the start window will be 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM on one day):

first Saturday of year - 6 year retention (314 weeks)
first Saturday of month, if not first Saturday of year - 1 year retention (53 weeks)
every other Saturday - 4 week retention

I guess the start window should only occur on Saturday...
I would like to put all the schedules in the same policy.
This sounds like Bob's schedule above - I just need a little help tweaking it...

Another question - if we put this all in the same policy, how do we suppress the Monthly and Annual schedules so they don't run for the first time until they're supposed to (first Saturday of month, first Saturday of year)? If I put it in this week, wouldn't the Annual kick off? We'd like the weekly to run this weekend, and the Monthly to run NEXT weekend, etc.

Thanks again!

Jim Bloemker :)
jbloemker@virtua.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back