Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Follow Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
does anyone know if the Follow Me feature works with the on board analog card of the ucx50?

It should! Those things may connect to analog lines but to the UCx, they are SIP so there's no reason they won't work. Just remember that when you add destinations into the follow me box using the GUI, you have to add a # sign after the last digit for it to dial the number.

...analog lines but to the UCx, they are SIP..."
Analog trunks provided by an internal card are DAHDI devices - they have nothing to do with SIP.

To reach external phone numbers in Follow Me settings, UCx uses the numbers to determine which outbound route to take. The selected route can certainly use analog trunks provided by an internal FXO card. The Follow Me dialing works exactly the same way as if you dialed the same phone number from the phone for which you configured the Follow Me.

As telcodog pointed out, make sure to add # after any number that is not an internal extension (that is after any external number, ring group, miscellaneous destination etc.).

Thanks I didn't know if it might be like the BCM and need a PRI. I have used it with the Grandstream but was not sure if the Internal board acted differently.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back