Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folks, I have a UCx50 with three VP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORPG

MIS
Jul 17, 2014
US
Folks, I have a UCx50 with three VPN tunnels in a four building complex. The clients at the location where the UCx resides have no problems. The others are experiencing a loss in registration, noise and Internet outages. The IT guy says everything is ok with the tunnels and the bandwidth provider suggested that we add more bandwidth, which was done. No change. They are trying to tell me it HAS to be in the UCx. I dunno how!! Suggestions please?

The others are experiencing a loss in registration, noise and Internet outages."

Let's start with the last one - "Internet outages". Apparently, this is a network issue that has nothing to do with UCx.

Next - "a loss in registration". If they have problems with network connectivity (described as Internet outages), seeing IP phones deregistering (when network connectivity is lost) and then registering again (when the connectivity is restored) should be expected.

Finally - "noise". With bad network connections, you might see high latency and/or jitter. Make sure that jitter buffer is enabled (under SIP Settings if you use SIP phones/trunks, under Nortel Settings if you use Nortel phones).

Hey UCXGuy.....perfect and what I had thought as well. The provider is on their way, I want them to now check all of their parameters to be sure they are the same across the VPNs. Will let you know.

Mr. UCXGUY; you were correct and as I thought as well. The local bandwidth provider had major problems on two of the four VPN sites. Thanks for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back