Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folders for AutoUpdate, and HowTo autoupdate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ectimo

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
BA
Hi ppl,
I guess this was asked before, but here i come again... I am running about 20 computers in a network, and the company just bought NSW 2004, and as a sys-admin, it is my job to install and update all the computers in here. Though installin it over and over again is something i have to do, downloading the same updates over, and over, and over again is no fun(even if we have DSL it is still slow as h..l), so i looked for a LiveUpdate folder... seems that i have found it in "program files/symantec/LiveUpdate"... though i am not sure that, if i run all the executables found in the updates folder, the update will be done... can anyone help???
Thanks...

try an update getting the vdb file from the Symantec ftp site and distributing it to your clients in the right folder location..
don't know exactly where for nav2k4, do a search on Symantec website using the key nav2k4 vdb update
hope this will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back