Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Security in BO XI R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pungigis

Programmer
Dec 5, 2007
US
Ok, new to administration of business objects and I am still learning. Security is set on all of this already, and what I want to know is how to FORCE a user to schedule a report, we do NOT want them to be able to run on demand, we only want them to get a report if they schedule now or create a future schedule, is this possible???? We want to retain an instance ANYTIME a report is run.

If you're in XI 3.0 or above, you can create an access level for this. If you're in XI through r2, you'll have to set up "Advanced" rights on the folder.

1. Start with the "View" access level. This gives the rights to view instances, but not to run reports.

2. Add the following to that access:
Schedule document to run
Reschedule instances

If you're in an earlier version of BO, I'm not sure how you would set this up.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back