Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder script to convert EPS to JPEG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMacQuarker

Technical User
Nov 10, 2005
US
Hi
Does anyone know where to find an Apple folder script to convert EPS to JPEG?
Thanks
IMacQuarker

EPS is an abbreviation for Encapsulated PostScript. Adobe applications, like Illustrator, should be able to save this to another format. EPS is an Adobe invention. In fact you might try Preview and see if it will save it to JPEG format.

You might find something here:
....JIM....

Preview will open an eps as pdf and you can then use the Export command to make a jpeg.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Thanks SYQUEST an jmgalvin

I have Graphic Converter, Preview and PhotoShop Elements to convert eps to .jpg.
Also have a folder action script that will convert .tiff, .gif and .png to .jpg by just dropping them into the folder, but I guess they don't have one to do that with an eps.
If you are on OS X you probably have those scripts, which you can see by holding down the Control key and clicking on a folder to attach to that folder.

Thanks again
IMacQarker

I'm guessing that you won't have eps to jpeg script because it would not include the rasterization settings for any vector-text stuff in the eps.

Using OSX 10.3.9 & 10.4.11 on a G4, G5 & Intel Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back