Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder rights for attached database

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbajock

Programmer
Jun 8, 2001
US
If I have a backend database that supplies data to my front end application in a seperate folder, what rights do I need to give to the front end users on the back end folder? I want the front end to read and write data to the backend, but I don't want the users to be able actually open the back end. Is this possible?

Read/Write permissions:)
Yes password protect the backend however you need to pass the password when connecting to the backend if you are using vba to connect to the backend with regards to record sets. If you are using only linked tables this is not necessary

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work

The problem I am having is that when I remove the List Folder contents permission in AD, it sets the read/write permissions to false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back