Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder redirection weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

danomac

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2002
AM
I have an interesting problem with folder redirection (or maybe I forgot some setting in a GPO somewhere.)

We have a Windows 2000 domain, with folder redirection enabled. When you go to the My Documents on the desktop the folder redirections appears to be working fine. However, some apps (including Office 2003) always point to the Documents and Settings on the local OS drive when you click the My Documents shortcut displayed.

Does anyone know why it's doing this? It appears it's been doing this for a while, and I can't figure out why. It's confusing some of our users.

Hi Danomac,

You have to redirect the documents in the application itself, so say you are using Word:-

1. On the toolbar, select Tools.
2. Select Options.
3. Select the File Locations Tab.
4. Select Documents in the list, and click the Modify button.
5. Select the new My Documents location and click OK.

HTH

Shaun (A+, N+)

Hmm.

I just checked my workstation, and it redirected itself automagically. I will check the workstations that have this issue. Maybe the GPO didn't apply properly.

I meant to say I checked the File Locations in Word, and it was redirected without me manually having to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back