Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder redirection and Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkonner

MIS
Apr 28, 2001
US
Howdy,

I want to make sure I have not missed anything with folder redirection. I am now using folder redirection (W2K server) with the user's profiles and the group policy. I am doing it a little differently. The only thing that interests me in the user's profile is their e-mail (Outlook Express). I want to make sure I get a tape backup of their e-mail in case it needs to be restored. For My Documents and the Desktop, I am redirecting it back to the local computer. I am doing it this way because I run a network in a school system, and the students and faculty are constantly moving from computer to computer. Profiles can be a problem if not managed correctly. For Application Data I am writing it to a server on the network (individually for each user).

The thing is, when I check the user's profile, I don't see that it is writing it back to the profile directory on the server. Am I missing something?

You need to implement roaming profiles, as well as folder redirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back