Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Recirection and Outlook Express (Also posted in WXP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkonner

MIS
Apr 28, 2001
US
Howdy,

I want to make sure I am not missing something, but I think I may.

I am finally using folder redirection. I am redirecting My Documents and Desktop back to My Documents and Desktop on the local computer to reduct logon time. I am doing this, because I run a network for the Canton Public Schools in Canton, MA, and the kids and faculty constanly move from computer to computer. So large profiles can be a problem. The operating system I am concerned about is WXP and W2K Professional. I also have some W98, but I am slowly getting rid of these computers.

I am redirecting Application Data back to the user's profile on a server. I would think this would work, but I am having doubts. I looked at the identity on the server, but it does not seem to be moving (copying) the Outlook Express identity back to the server.

Have I missed something?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back