Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

folder re-direction with loopback procesing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
I have two questions about loopback processing. If I enable it in replace mode, are all the other policies within the users scope still applied? If one policy has folder re-direction enabled, and I enable loopback processing on another policy in replace mode which does not have folder redirection configured, will the folders still be re-directed?

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Get your Irish Poetry Published
Garten und Landschaftsbau

If one policy is set to "not configured", and that policy IS configured in another GPO...then the GPO with the configured policy will apply. A configured policy will alway override and not configured policy.

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

I may have read your question wrong. Allow me to step back...

With loopback processing replace mode, the user policies that generally apply to that user will not apply at all. Only the policies in the loopback processing GPO will apply.

Merge mode will combine the defined user policies and loopback processing GPO. However, the policies defined in the loopback processed GPO will take precedence.

I hope this makes sense. This can be very confusing. I would suggest testing different scenarios in a lab environment to fully understand how processing occurs.

Here's a brief, but direct explanation...which you may have already read.
Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

With loopback processing replace mode, the user policies that generally apply to that user will not apply at all
That's what I was trying to remember from when I looked this up before. I guess it makes sense that in replace mode, it would ignore the user's normal policies, otherwise it'd be just like replace mode woudln't it !! So looks like my idea might work after all !! Thanks again for the reply

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Get your Irish Poetry Published
Garten und Landschaftsbau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back