Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Protection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adhie

Programmer
Mar 17, 2003
SG
Hi,

I have a folder on the web which contain word document.

eg:
I want to protect the files inside the folder so that user can not download myletter.doc before login from application.

This is folder protection anybody has no priviledge to access file before login.

Thank you very much,
Martin Adhie N.

In IIS, you simply need to change the security on that folder to require windows validation, and un-check allow anonymous.

If you want to use non-windows validation, then you will need a login page, and there are many strategies.

We use RADIUS authentication for ours, which a bit more complex, and we bought a 3rd party RADIUS AAA server product to handle the logins.

There are some Free Radius solutions on Sourceforge.org

Will

Hi Will,

Yes you are right, I tried to change the security, it prompted me to do windows login.

Now the question, can we do windows login using .asp script with existing component?
Maybe sample is on C:\WINDOWS\system32\ServerAppliance\web for Win 2003 server, but at the moment I have no time to explore more.
Or have to get 3rd party?

Using ASP.Net this should not be an issue.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back