Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkGuy101

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
I have a folder on my web server hat I want to share out to a group of people. d:\Webfile\exercises\ I shared it out and when I tried to map them to the share it wouldnt work. Then I gave them permissions to the whol D: drive and it worked. I only want to give them permissions to that specific folder and not the whole D: drive. How would I do this?

What are the 'security' settings on the particular folder. have you got full access for veryone set on this?

Well I gave full access to the individual that I wanted added. The individual is a network account and not a local machine account

Create a group that contains all the users who are to have access to the share and then add the group to the folder through the permissions lists.

Don't set the folder to inherit permissions from the parent and ensure that folder 'webfile\excersises' propogates permissions to child objects.

Are you trying to use share level permissions or NTFS permissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back