Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder in Outlook not showing in cloud (IMAP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have users who I have set up with IMAP on their Outlook.

However, when they create a sub folder or additional folder in Outlook, it is not showing in the cloud when web-mail is viewed in either Cube, Squirrel or Horde?

The folders don't show as (This Computer Only) in Outlook, so what is going on, where are the folders and is the email in these folders being synched to the cloud or not?

Thanks,

1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

they create a sub folder or additional folder in Outlook,

It depends on where the sub-folder(s) or folder(s) is/are being created.

As a default IMAP will only synchronise folders that are 'INBOX' items and Horde will only show folders that are "Subscribed" to by the user. ("Folder Actions" -> "Rebuild Folder Tree")

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Hi Chris,

It depends on where the sub-folder(s) or folder(s) is/are being created.

They are being created in Outlook, I've tried the 'Rebuild' option, it showed only one of the many folders?

Does IMAP work properly?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back