Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Headings

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron866

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
CA
Hello everyone.Happy Thanksgiving from canada!!Just a simple question.In the folders you know how you have FILE,EDIT VIEW,FAVORITES,TOOLS,HELP at he top.How can i get rid of FAVORITES?I would like to remove them from every folder as i have a young child and high speed net always connected.i know about kids browsers but in his folder all he has to do is click on favorites and he gets my list of sites.I know i can disable net also but wondering if possible to remove the favorites word from all folders or if possible to remove it from only one folder.Thank you in advance![rockband]

Howdy:

Why don't you just setup his/her own account and password yours??

That way, they get their own settings and internet connection with their own favorites listings !!!

Murray

Child is too youg to do this.i just put some games in his folder.thanks[bigsmile]

You really should keep your account separate from any other person by setting up users correctly. If you don't, one day a horrible accident involving your valuable data may occur and you will lose the lot.

In answer to your question, you could deny access to Favorites for everyone (including yourself) by using the Security Permissions of the Favorites folder in your Documents and Settings folder (Not recommended).

You will have to uncheck "Use Simple File Sharing" in Folder Options/ View to access the Security Tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back