Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Assistant on Public Folder doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

klesck

Technical User
May 9, 2001
US
Guys,

I'm about to give up on this, we have a public folder here that is opened to receive outside messages, what I wanted to do is simply use the folder assistant to redirect those messages to someone else.

I add the rule to the folder assistant, I've got owner permissions on this folder, and it simply doesn't work, in fact the rule just below it works (btw, the "do not process subsequent rules" option is not checked)...

Doesn't matter if I have outlook (version 2002 10.2627.2625, XP right?) running or not.

Any suggestions??

Have exchange 5.5 SP4 running on win 2k...

TKS

Klesck

Does this help at all?

188647 XADM: Folder Assistant Rule to Forward Messages May Fail

Is the user you are forwarding the messages to, an internal or external user?

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I have the same (or just about) problem. I have a rule, created by the folder assistant, in my public folders, which sometimes fails.

I think the problem could be Non Delevery Reports (NDR's).

When a NDR occur the rule seem to fail, and after the NDR the rule is marked with af red cross.

I have searched MS Knowledge base, and i found some articles about the problem, but I couldn't find a fix to download.

Does anybody know if there is a fix or another way to solve the problem?

Christoffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back