Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder Access Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakamon

MIS
Feb 4, 2002
US
I have a user that has issue access 1 particular folder within a directory tree on a remote server. It takes forever for the list of files to present themselves. Also in task manager, its looks like it is opening 2 instances of Windows Explorer. All other folder access only 1 instance of Windows Explorer show in the task manager window.

All other users have no issue. It is on a DFS volume, again no other users have issue, and this is a new problem that just surfaced. All other folder in the folder heirarchy are fine. Just this one folder.

Has anyone experienced this random issue? They are all CAD dwg files. Don't know if that makes any difference. I googled the heleck outta this only to come up empty.

Only the dead fish follow the stream

Do you get any clues from the Event Viewer?

Have you checked the speed from "Safe Mode with Networking"?

Is it just one username on the problem machine, can you see if the built-in Administrator has the same problem?

Not really that relevant but have a look at these recent threads about odd mapping solutions.

Unable to access shared folders in domain
thread779-1398924

XP Mapped Network Drive not displaying
thread779-1397909

I don't know what to make about the Explorer thing, is it listed in Task Manager (both instances) as the same username under the relevant column?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back