Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Focus for a list item in Form Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexdbora

Programmer
Oct 25, 2004
RO
I have a trigger <When-validate-item> where I make a list item (Tlist) enabled and visible.
After that,I need to have focus in this list and to move in it with arrows. But focus ar going into another item,which is the next item after list item.And I don't want this.

My question is :how can I have the focus into my list item?

You cant have a GO_ITEM in a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger. You could use a short timer that doesnt repeat, and put a GO_ITEM in the WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger.

I know I can't use GO_ITEM in a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger.
After leaving an item, I need to go to a list item,without timer, but I don't know how to do this.
I'm working with Developer 6.0 and I don't have WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger.
Any other sugestion?

What version of forms do you have? Forms 6i has WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED.

Yes,you are right!My mistake! (I work with Forms6i)
I have this trigger,but it isn't associated with my text item,it is associated with forms.
This is OK, but now I'm not sure how it helps me in my problem with list .
Anyway,I have to think about that !

Thanks .

In your when-validate-item you start a timer with a short fuse and no repeat. In WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED:

Code:
DECLARE
  l_timer VARCHAR2(30) := Get_Application_Property(TIMER_NAME);
BEGIN
  IF  l_timer = '<your_timer>'
  THEN
    Go_Item('<your_item');
  END IF;

Be careful with the use of this though. Its a bit of a hack solution and your WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger may fire again when the Go_Item is executed. In that case you will need to ensure WVI does not fire or it may become stuck in a loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back