Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fo:table-cell vertical text

Status
Not open for further replies.

helid

Programmer
Mar 15, 2010
SE
Hi!
I would like to show the text "Name" vertical in my table-cell instead of horizontal. How do I do that??

<fo:table-cell border-right="solid" display-align="center" border-width="1pt">
<fo:block margin-left="1mm">Name</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

Best regards/
Helena

You can use reference-orientation attribute on the fo:block-container, something like this.
[tt]
<fo:table-cell border-right="solid" display-align="center" border-width="1pt">
<fo:block-container reference-orientation="90">
<fo:block margin-left="1mm">Name</fo:block>
</fo:block-container>
[/tt]
Sure, you might have the height & width & text-align to take care according to need.

Thanks for your response. I tried to use the block-container but the Name disappeared in my table-cell. I even tried to remove my special attributes like this:

<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block-container reference-orientation="90">
<fo:block>Name</fo:block>
</fo:block-container>

But the same thing appears, the cell stays empty.

That does not sound probable. It might be badly formatted, but disappeared?! Are there error/warning messages? Also do you mean without those block-container etc, your original lines show Name?

I get an error message:
[ERROR] property - "reference-orientation" is not implemented yet.

I use Fop 1.0.

>I use Fop 1.0.
You bet... It is implemented even before that version and 1.0 even fixes some bugs.

You were right. I was redirecting myself to a fop2.bat in an older version of fop than 1.0. Thank you. It works well now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back