Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FNF and CPP IV Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

spivy122

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
US
We have a CS 1000 M Multi Group with 4 network groups on RL 4.5. We plan on upgrading this from IGS and the Moto processors. To Fiber and the P IV processors. My vendor tells me I need to have a certain revision of DDP cards. Can anybody provide me Nortel Documentation that states what revisions of DDP cards will NOT work with the FNF?

Thanks in advance!

You need to use vintages AC, AD, or AG (or higher) with FNF.

Product Bulletin 2000-047 states that there is a timing issue with vintages AA, AB, AE, and AF.

Thanks! Management is asking for a copy of that document. Can you provide me a link to it? I can't find it on Nortel's website(I can’t find hardly anything on their though).

Here is the url to that Product Bulletin, at the end of this posting. I'm pretty sure you have to have a login (mine is for the Enterprise End User Community) to reach the Product Bulletin page. If you don't have a login ID, you can register from the My Nortel Networks page at or you can ask your maintenance provider to get it for you.

This bulletin came out in 2000, and references X11 software version 25, but it still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back