Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FMD and RMD size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadi2008

Technical User
Jun 23, 2007
LB
Hi

We bought a new scan disk 1Gb media drive for lab tests.

1) First test was to test it as FMD so we installed Rls4.5 software on it and installation was successful.

2) Second test was to test this same scan disk drive used in test 1 as a bootable RMD for software installation. We used mkbootrmd.bat file and we format the card but we noticed that the card size is 15.8Mb and not 1Gb as it was initially and as such we could not copy
/backup; /install;/keycode; /swload; /utilities directories to this RMD as their size is 188Mb and could not fit into the RMD new size 15.8Mb.

We suspect that using this scan disk as FMD the Sw installation procedure has format it as a 15.MB size.

How can we format it back as a 1Gb drive??
If we put it on windows it will show only File system= FAT and capacity = 15.8Mb.

Any ideas???

and if you format it from windows? i would do the format from a linux box.. then mr gates will not pick the params that microsoft thinks is best.. (but then i am not a mr gates fan)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have successfully used my digital camera (it's kind of old, so it uses CF, not SD-RAM) to reformat compact flash modules. It you have access to a camera (mine's a Canon) that accepts CF, give the format a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back