Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fm/Am Radio on intercom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It Guy

Systems Engineer
Jan 13, 2023
US
Previously used a 2924a Valcom. Replaced to a Vacs45. Intercom works however there'd loud radio interference in the background. When you hit intercom the radio is immediately on the station end then goes to the speakers making any page completely drowned out.

Worked wound the cabling with a tracer and buttset and still no source found so far.

$igned €£ITing

Sounds like a local AM radio tower is pushing a lot of power.

I would suggest you call Valcom about the V-ACS45 since there was no issue with the V-2942A

You could try installing an RF Filter for the page lead into the Norstar page port and/or Clamp-On Ferrite to the power cord of the V-ACS45.

Also post in the General Forum or some RF Radio forum.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I will try those next for sure.

One thing however. Yesterday I determined the source didn't have the radio until I cross connected it to the acs45 which connects to the cabling adapter. Leading me to believe the radio source may be introduced through the station end of the system controls per se.

As a former Bell Canada tech in Toronto, sometimes when we had a Tip-Open repair, depending on the length of the open, you would get AM radio stations. The tip side of a pair is the CO-Ground, so essentially that would turn it into a giant antenna. Was really weird the first time putting my buttset on a line repair and hearing Bollywood tunes coming out.

Just some food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back