Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FM 8.4 Remap to New Source Space Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

griftr1

Programmer
Sep 1, 2004
US
In my framework model I'm copying business level subjects and remapping them to new database objects and aliases often. I've noticed some odd behavior, though, when I use the "Use Matching Criteria" option to do the entire remapping all at once. If I drag the new database subject to the Remap To area, all the objects will be updated, but any query items using formulas have all the spaces stripped out.

So, for example, if I have a query item called "Status" with the following formula:

case [Database Layer].[Table 1].[Status]
when 'SBMT' then 'Submitted'
when 'CLSE' then 'Closed'
else 'No Status'
end

then I drag [Database Layer].[Table 2] into the Remap To section, the formula for status changes to:

case[Database Layer].[Table 2].[Status]when'SBMT'then'Submitted'when'CLSE'then'Closed'else'NoStatus'end

and it'll throw a syntax error when I click on OK. I've tried all the different settings under Options, and whenever the batch remapping actually works, all the spaces are removed. This happens when Remap To is set to either "By Name" or "By Object Reference" and Original Source is "By Object Reference". If I set Original Source as "By Name" then the batch remapping doesn't map any of the renamed fields.

I searched through some documentation and found this line:

"If the matching criteria is By Name to By Name, spaces within the string are removed."

But that shouldn't apply, since I'm not doing By Name to By Name. Has anyone seen this behavior? is this a Cognos bug or a "feature"?

I need to remap several tables with many rows frequently, and doing them all manually takes a very long time, so I'd like to have some way of fixing this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back