Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fluke TS44 Deluxe Replacement Cords in Canada?

Tele-tech

Technical User
Apr 21, 2021
CA
Hey all,

Tried to repair my butt set cords, but seems like that didn't help. Was going crazy static whenever you wiggled the black and red cords coming out the bottom. Pulled them out, stripped them, tried to solder (though now that I think of it, maybe my solder was non-conductive), but now it's not working at all. Turns on, but no noise. Picks up a toner nearby though, so I know it's not the speaker or the circuitry.

Anyways, trying to source out replacement cords. Does anyone have a source in Canada by chance? I did find one place that sells them out of California - that isn't Fluke themselves ($266 for a pair of wires and alligator clips, they can go fly a kite...) - that might be my best bet though.

Thanks

I am confused, I have yet to come across a buttset that requires solder as they have screw terminals.

Are you using google for searching?
Where in Canada are you?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I resoldered the wires themselves, not the connection points. Mine has screw terminals as well, but the cables just past the tension reliever became damaged I'm guessing over the past almost 10 years of use.

Yes I was using Google to search, tried putting "ts-44" and "canada" in quotes, that didn't help too much.

Just east of Toronto, out in Whitby. I think the boss already ordered new ones from the States though, right after I posted this lol

Maybe check continuity to see which wire, probe to locate approx. where the break is.

Try my google skills in the 100's
[clown]

My Ebay skills one new left at top!

I have a T52 Pro which is the same cord but I have a spare still, otherwise I would have ordered that one, or even a used one.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Ironically enough, that Ebay link is the same one I gave to the boss, and I believe that's where he had ordered it from lol

I appreciate you taking the time to look though!

Side note - I had tried to repair the break in the cable by cutting it, stripping it, twisting it, then soldering it back together, but that's when it stopped working all together.

You should give Graybar a call and see if they can get them or try Fluke directly. Here in the US I would probably shop for them at sandman.com first.

You could go to Westek -
They can even make custom butt set cords for you, mine has the clips, a shoe that fits over a 66 block, and a modular plug (that I keep plugged into a cord-coupler) so that I can test from the end of a phone's line cord or directly into the jack on the wall without a banjo

In the past I sent in my butt sets to Harris Dracon,
Now owned by Fluke

They will re-furbish your butt-set.

Probably better off biting the bullet, and buy a new one.

Ebay has them

alwayslearning

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back