Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flow Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseph75

Technical User
May 18, 2003
JM
Hi! I have a extreme summit 48si running extremeware version 6.2.2. I use flow redirection to redirect all port 80 traffic to two squid configured as tranparent proxy.
create flow-redirect webproxy
configure flow-redirect "webproxy" add next hop 192.168.246.201
configure flow-redirect "webproxy" add next hop 192.168.246.202
When one of the squid is down.
show flow-redirect "webproxy"
192.168.246.201 Down 0000
192.168.246.202 up 0000
The extreme switch do not redirect the web traffic to the remaining squid server. But after I unplug & plug the network interface of the remaining squid server. The switch can redirect again. How can I set up so that it can do it automatically? Thank You!
Joseph Lee

The only thing I can think of is the switch does not have the FDB information on the second server (this will occur if the second server sits idle for an extended period without generating or responding to network traffic, the switch will clear the dormant FDB info on the server). To see if this is the case, next time you test it (do these commands before disconnecting / reconnecting the link), do a sho FDB <port#> on the port the second server is connected to and also do a sho ipaddress <server ip> on the second servers IP to see if the switch is aware that they exist. You would think that the switch would just ARP if it could not find the switch in its FDB but I have seen stranger things. I hope this helps.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back