Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flow redirect problem in Extreme network

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftech

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
KW
hi

Presently i am using a Extreme summit48i switch
i hv different Vlan's configured in it .

I want to redirect my tcp flow to my linux firewall which is connect to one of my Vlan's

i gave the following policies in my switch

create flow-redirect firewall tcp destination any ip-port 80 source any

config firewall add next-hop x.y.z.a

(where x.y.z.a is the ip address of my firewall)

the problem is that when my firewall is up and running , the swtich does not redirects my flow ,
i cannot browse the internet

plz guide

thnx
bhagat panwar

Does the firewall have a route configured to get to the internet? Thinking the Extreme is fine and the firewall doesn't know what to do with the re-directed traffic. One other thought, does the traffic go back through that Summit 48i after the firewall has seen it? if so I would think that the switch is just re-directing it back to the firewall. The internet gateway needs to be behind the firewall. I haven't done anything with flow-redirection but I have noticed that access-lists are applied to ALL traffic seen regardless of if its traversing the switch at layer2 or layer3. I bet FR is treated the same. Hope this helps

Brian C.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back