Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floppy drive won't refresh!!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coutoj

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2001
CA
Here is the problem: My Floppy drive won't read a disk.
Here is the situation: When i open a floppy drive to view the content it works fine. I could view all the files and even access them. I put in another floppy to view the content on that floppy and it get the same contents from the first floppy that i read. I have tried various disks and have had the same results. I have tried to hit f5 to refresh the drive and have closed the A:\ window and openned it again and that too does not help. It seems that the floppy drive is not re-reading itself when i refresh. It seems to read from a cache of sorts.

Please help,
Thanks,
Jason Couto

I have had this problem myself. The only way I have been able to fix this is to replace the drive or the cable.
Try the cable first. Somtimes if just one strand is damaged you can view the a:\ but cannot save files.
Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back