Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floppy Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycup

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
GB
Every disk I put in the drive gives this error message "The disk in Drive A is not formatted, do yoiu want to format now". This applies to all my disks with data on them. These disks run ok on my friends commputer. I have searched in vain for a solution over the past two weeks. There are plenty of people with the same problem but no solutions. This morning I bought and installed a new Floppy Drive and I still get the error messsage. I am running XP Pro and have never had this problem before.
All help very welcome.

[

Did you try replacing the interface cable?

These problems takes place when the drive alignment is wrong or due to faulty interface cable.

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Thanks for all the help and quick response. I have re-installed my floppy drive and double checked all the connections and apart from four disks that will not open the remainder of my 'floppy' collection is working normally as is the 'format' function and 'adding and deleting' data. So all in all I am very happy with the outcome.

thanks once again.

Can I suggest that the 4 which are still unable to be opened have been written to with the "faulty" drive, and therefore are no longer in alignment with the new drive.

=======================================
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key

Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum
======================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back