Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floppy Drive error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezek

Technical User
Nov 30, 2000
US
Ok, people i am going nuts trying to figure out what kind of bug i have encountered.
here is what i have, most of the time when i am trying to use floppy 1.44 MB it will tell me that the disk needs to be formated, i have seen this error before and all i needed to do is just replace the disk and i would work, the problem i am refering to is that when i go and follow the prompts when it is not working, it is sending me to format the disk and when i intent to do it will not do it because the system is not able to detect 1.44 Mb rather it gives you the option to select the size of your drive and only gives you up to "720 kb (3.5)".

I just want to understand why is it that windows 95 will not detect or give you the option to format a 1.44 MB floppy.

Any feed back towards this question will be appreciated.

Did it ever work properly? If not, it may be incorrectly defined in the BIOS as being a 720K drive.

Check your BIOS settings and make sure Floppy A is set to be 1.44MB
Tom Whitehead
twhitehead@commeq.com

Plan to replace it. The drive is getting flaky.

Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I personally would buy a new one... what do they cost, a meassly $10 online????

that is my suggestion to you dude.

-Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back