Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floppy Disc Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

onpnt

Programmer
Dec 11, 2001
US
Hi All,
I have a pretty serious case on my hands and I hope someone has a solution for me.
I brought some work home (web designing) that I saved on a floppy, while running it my computer locked up and I had to do the dreaded hold the power button 5 second last resort remidee. Now my floppy has no files but it does. I run it in prompt and the 88 files are read as taking the space but I can't actually read them.
Anyone have a way of recovering these files.
I'll be in forever debt.
Please let me know if this is possible. need to start writin the code over if it isn't

Thanks
ted I may not get it the 1st or 2nd time,
but how sweet that 15th time can be.

I actually figured out a way to get the files back. I thought it was pretty cool. incase you want to read on how I did it look at this thread.

thread253-287769

Thanks for replying. I may not get it the 1st or 2nd time,
but how sweet that 15th time can be.

Hi Ted,

My name is Peter Mercier, and I am the Director of Computer Forensics for Quality Data Recovery, LLC (QDR). Your files are still on the floppy and they can be recovered. However, you do need special software to make a bit-level image of the floppy. My preference is EnCase, which is produced by Guidance Software. QDR can recover these files from the floppy for you. If you are interested, please contact me off-line at peter.mercier@verizon.net.

Peter

Hi Peter, I actually found a way around everything and recovered the files. Check out the thread I posted in on of the above replies from me. I'll keep you in mind though. Thanks for offering A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is not worth knowing.
admin@onpntwebdesigns.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back