Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flood fill? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stud1905

Technical User
May 20, 2001
US
Why am i not able to flood fill in Illustrator? Nothin happeneds when I click on the image? I doesn't work the same as paint shop pro.

Your getting your programs mixed up here. Paint shop pro is a bitmap editing package like photoshop, this means you have greater control over things like flood filling as the image is made up of pixels which can all be individually edited. Illustrator is a vector drawing package which means that the information is held as a set of points or coordinates, enabling smooth shapes and curves no matter how far you zoom in. This means that fills don't work in exactly the same way as Paint shop pro. To make a fill, you must first make a shape to be filled - your can't simply fill the background with a colour. So if you want a colour which covers the whole background you must first make a large rectangle to fill. All shapes have two colours: (at the bottom of the toolbar) a stroke (or outline) colour, and a fill colour. These can be transparent, patterns, gradients, or flat colours. To change a colour click the shape you wish to fill, click the fill colour box, and select the colour you want from any of the colour/gradient/pattern palettes.

I hope this helps with your question ;-)
Nick Price
nick.price@misuk.net

yeah thanks it does......I got another its not on illustrator but sorry....
PSP was my first photo editor, but i got illustrator and i like it more. But i don;t understand one thing with PSP, why is my text all fuzzy with Paint shop pro. Is the resolution low or someting. if so how do you change it
? thanks

Your right, your image resolution is too low. You haven't got enough pixels to sharply define the text. Im not too sure about Paint shop pro, but if you resize your image and make it larger then this will increase the resolution. The only trouble with this is that anything you have already drawn is going to look a bit pixellated depending on how much you enlarge the image. In reality it is best to start your picture with a high resolution and work in that resolution throughout. Remember that the higher the resolution, the bigger the filesize, so it is best to arrive at a compromise between image quality and size. Nick Price
nick.price@misuk.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back