Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floating user profile problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintblack

Technical User
Nov 1, 2006
US
I was wondering if anybody has ever come across a problem like this before:

The users in my company all had roaming user profiles when I started working here. We have two domain controllers running Windows 2003 Server. We are working on changing all of the users over to regular profiles since so many people have been saving music and other stuff that is not work-related to their profiles. My boss's profile, for some reason, is still floating. I have deleted the entire line within the profile where you give the path where the profile is to be saved. However, each time he logs off or reboots, the profile STILL syncs with the server. The user has logged off and rebooted several times. I have gone back onto the server and double-checked the user settings. There is NOTHING in the user profile path. I have renamed and deleted the profile on the server several times, but it keeps getting re-created (I have to take ownership to delete it again). This doesn't make sense! Does anybody have an idea of how to fix this? None of the other users have this issue and the user is running Windows XP Pro.

Maybe this on his PC: right click on "my computer" properties
select the advanced tab then user profiles/settings.

Select the profile and click on "change type" and select "local profile" ...
G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back