Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floating Office toolbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

MIS
Jun 19, 1999
US
Installing Office 2003 removed the little toolbar that floated on top of my programs. This toolbar had buttons for each Office application. Do you know how I can recreate that helpful little thing in Windows XP and Office 2003?

Thanks!

Go to Start, Programs, Microsoft Office Tools, and click on Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.

I'm pretty sure the tools are installed by default. If not, try running the install program again and choose to install the tools.

Thanks for such a prompt reply! Our IT guy says that Office 2003 doesn't have the shortcut bar anymore but your answer indicates that this is a Windows feature. Did I understand you correctly?

F***ing 2003 does not have that. Some brain at MS decided he didn't like it and removed it.

Get an older installation, and install only the Microsoft Toolbar.

Then keep a copy of the folder where this is installed. If you reinstall some parts of OF2003 it will be removed, so it is handy do be able to just copy+paste.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back