Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floating calender by month

Status
Not open for further replies.

UHsoccer

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
US
I am using Crystal 8.5
I need to report on contract time usage for a 12 month period, beginning at whatever month the contract start in

Say the contract start in May-2005 and runs through April-2009

I would need to report from May-2005 through Apr 2006, then from May 2006 through April 2007, etc
The output would look like

May-2005 10
Jun-2005 12

etc thru

Apr-2006 14

What is the easiest way to create the array for the month.
By the way, the report is created in English, but I need to output in another language (German, French and Dutch)
So the month need to be specify the month-name explicitly. Unless there is a function that returns the name of a month by specifying the language...

I also have formulas that collect data for each month, such as for January:

if month(date({Care.Date})) = 1 and year(date([Care.date}) = 2006 then {Time.Hours}
So I need to make the "1" and the "2006" a variable depending on the month to start, etc,etc

Hope this makes sense

Why do you insist on using an array? That's probably the most complex and least efficient means.

I suggest that you look for assistance in creating the report rather than stating the architecture to be used.

I would group by the date, and state for each year, then group by the date again and state for each month.

Place the hours in the details, right click it and select insert summary->Sum and select the month group as the place to output. Now you can suppress the details.

As for changing languages, no, crystal doesn't interpret languages for you.

So you'd need to create a formula to do this for you, such as:

if month({table.date}) = 1 then
"blah"
else
if month({table.date}) = 2 then
"blah blah"
..etc...

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor