Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floating bar chart, not showing last value correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggielady

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
When creating a floating bar chart I have 2 series of dates. I can get the bar to start with the first date but it doesn't stop at the second date. I've tried formatting the axis but the bar continues to the edge of the chart?

Hi,

What is a "FLOATING" bar chart?

Please post your source data and describe which bar chart type you have selected.

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

The chart is a custom chart called floating bar. It says you need two sets of data. The picture of the chart appears to start at the first set of data and stop at the second set.
When I use dates the bar starts at the first date but doesn't stop at the second date, it continues to the right edge of the chart.

That's because the FIRST set of data defines the START of each bar and the SECOND set of data defines the LENGTH of the bar and NOT the END.

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back