Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flirted with Workgroups, now problems on all new Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorWaterCzar

Programmer
Dec 29, 2000
US
I was experimenting with Workgroups, just to see what it is all about. Found out it was not something that I need to get involved with (yet). Now whenever I start a new (empty) database, I get what appears to be a several, unwanted workgroup related tables.

I would like to reset any necessary files back to before I played with the workgroup stuff altogether. I have tried just about everything, even unloading and reloading Office, but I am still missing something. Maybe something with the System.mdw? ...I am really at a loss.

It would appear that somewhere along the line you may have set the admin password up. This would create all sorts of problems when developing new databases. If this is the case, then all you have to do is go back into workgroups and set the admin password to be <null>.
After you have done this, you should have no more problems.

I hope I am on the right track here.

Eradic8or.

Hello,

It is a simple process to enable the work group functions - and difficult to remove. Check the help on work groups and you will find a page titled &quot;Removing a work group&quot;. The steps involve creating an empty db, as admin, with all users having full access, copy your db over to the new db with no security, log out and back in. Its been a while since I reverted a db and I'm sure a step or two is missing. Check the Access help for the steps.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back