Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flipping tiles - how to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaablaa69

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
AU
Hi Guys,

I am creating this website which is all based on a 100x100 grid and i want each square to act as a tile which can flip like the animation below. Each tile is going to have txt and graphics on both sides, so I dont think theres a way do it in flash? Unless you can actionscrip a free transform? Does anyone know if theres plugin i can purchase or where i would start!

Thanks
Joshua

Thanks for that!
Yeah i originally wanted the perspective but ive done it that way and it doesnt look half bad! I automated it too, and used a function with transisitions so its sweet.
But the only problem i have now is i need to perform two checks before the selected tile flips. 1. If that tile has fliped before (i only want them to flip once)
and 2. if that tile is currently flipping.

I thought a good way to do it would be to write the movieclip reference to an array after it flips, and then run a loop over that array before the function runs and check if the name is there.

This is what i was thinking, but it doesnt work very well.

function checkIt(targetClip) {
for (j=0; j<_root.flippedArray.length; j++) {
if (targetClip == _root.flippedArray[j]) {
trace("// found it");
break;
}
}
flipForward(targetClip);
}

And I also need to check if the flipForward transition function is still running through, and stop it from restarting/

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Joshua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back