Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flipping An Image Horizontally in CS6

Status
Not open for further replies.

nootkan

Technical User
May 2, 2005
CA
First let me say I apologize for taking so long for my first post.

Surprised myself when I found this forum and realized I was already registered but obviously lost the url or ?

In any case, I am trying to figure out how to flip a mirrored (reflect) image I created in illustrator cs6.

The mirrored image itself looks great and has a snake effect on the edge instead of a flat edge that I want reversed from the top image.

x to y now and y to x afterwards.

This way the whole image when complete looks like it has a snake path in the middle where I plan to add a new text path.

Is this doable?

Everything on google just sends me to creating the mirror (reflect) image which I already figured out.

Thanks for your time.

Okay I found a solution.

I just selected the mirror image and reflected it again this time vertically and that did what I wanted.

I did however have to use the pen tool to fix some areas that didn't transfer proportionately when doing the reflect.

Hope this helps someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back