Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flickering Word Document

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensenaw

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
SG
I received some word documents and when I opened it in Office 2000, the whole document keeps on flickering. The small icon showing Spelling and Grammar Status keeps on writing and writing. Even if I disable Spelling and Grammar in Tools, the whole document continues to flicker. Other documents appear to have the same problem. Can anyone help me with this, please?

Possible diagnostic problems:
1. A virus in the file
2. A problem with the document
3. Document is too large
4. Problem with Word itself
5. Problem with Fonts

Corresponding solutions:
1. Scan for viruses then clean
2. Check the source of the document for verification
3. Wait to see the whole extent of the file_Word may be having a difficult time opening it.
4. Reinstall Word
5. Regarding the flickering fonts, type something other than what is already there. See if they still flicker. If they don't. Then adjust the font settings and remove the flickering options.

__}}__}}__}}
If my post was able to help kindly email me.
thanks!

Thanks Lionlion for your suggested solutions. I had run a full system scan and no virus turned up. I tried with all documents that I can find on my system and all flickered. Even some which I had never opened up before had the same problem. I had uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 and still the problem was not solved.

Do you have any other ideas?

Have you tried the 5th solution?
If you have, and it still doesn't work try this,
1. Open any document.
2. Select all
3. Click Format
4. Click Font
5. Click Text Effects Tab
6. Click none - so that the text effects would not do any animations.

----
Other than that, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back