Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flexible reporting tool for SQL required 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytab

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
GB
Please accept my apologies if I have posted this to the wrong forum.

I have developed a set of reports in MS Access which make heavy use of Access Basic behind the reports. I did this becuase I needed a custom graph and was not able to use templates. I want to migrate them to a hosted environment where they can be run automatically by a client against a SQL DB.

Can some one point me in the right direction. If I need to recreate the reports what tool allows the most flexibility in terms of custom design/report programming. I briefly looked at Crystal reports but unless I missed the obvious is was not flexible enough with regards to customisation.

A big thank you in advance of guidance :)

Regards
Jonathan

If you go the SSRS route, you will pretty much have to start from scratch, the Access reports imports sucks rocks to the point you should just start from a blank report.

Once you get the hang of it, VB.net, SSRS and the Internet is the only way to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back